How to use the Winterflush® product
This device will make winterizing your inboard/outboard raw water marine
engine, quick and easy. Our kit is universal and can
be used on all stern drives that use flushing ears
and have accessible exhaust ports. If you own a stern drive, in a cold
winter climate, this patented kit is a must have for all boat owners.
It is portable and can be used at any location. It’s self-contained
and leaves no mess, while saving you money, because it is reusable year
after year.We recommend draining the engine block before using winterflush or use the kit without the skirt for about 5 minutes to push out the water. Then hookup the skirt and start circulating.
Important note: Do not use Winterflush®
on boats with existing cooling or mechanical problems.
- First take the two skirted legs and slide them into the sleeves
that are in the container
- Next take the two cross members and insert
them into each cup-holder,
- Take both ends and slide
them into each other.
- Then secure the skirt to
the cross-member using the snap.
- Watch a quick movie of Winterflush being
Your unit is now assembled.
- At this time slide the kit under the stern drive
while aiming the skirt under the exhaust ports.
may need to position the skirt in different
directions depending on what make the drive is.
- If the boat is on a trailer you may need to
raise or lower the tongue or adjust the trim
to achieve proper clearance.
the hose to the flushing ears.
- Fill the container with 3 gallons
of -100 environmentally safe antifreeze.
- Connect the
battery leads, red
to positive, black to
- Any 12 volt power source can
be used. Even the battery in the boat.
- Make sure pump
is on and fluid is circulating thru the transparent
- Start the boat engine and allow it to run until
it reaches operating temperature. This will
allow the thermostat to open and will ensure
- Do not race engine
when using Winterflush. Run motor at idle only.
- Always remember to
turn on the pump and make sure liquid is flowing
to stern drive before starting engine
- Always remember to
use environmentally safe -100 antifreeze, This
can be purchased at any marine store or plumbing supply warehouse.
- Never engage stern drive
allowing propeller to spin while winterflush is
- Check antifreeze in container with antifreeze tester
- Return unused antifreeze back into its original container
by disconnecting the hose from the flushing ears insert
it in to the container and turning on the pump.
- Rinse out the winterflush kit, disassemble, and pack
it away for next time.
us with any questions.